Pages

02/06/2017

Art_Ft: Room 8 and Ottilie Morrison

29th Wednesday May 2017. Miss Kyla had an emergency call. "Her son , Murdoch had got sick". Although, after this problem, miss Kyla called the school and noted, that she couldn't come today. But the class was fine. Room 10 got put into groups and went off to our classes. I was with room 8 and was buddied with some other responsible room 10 students. The names of these students are : Cerenity(BFF), Perenara and Azure Dream. They were a great group to contribute with. Although, during learning with miss Morrison(Rm 8 kaiako), we did some art with room 2. This wasn't an original art, this art came from some pacific islanders. This island is called "Samoa". This is because it is "Samoan Language Week". Known to celebrate the culture and language of Samoa. We also celebrate it, because this is the day Samoans achieved independence day in 1962 when command of New Zealand over Samoa ceased. These arts are called "Tapa cloth", known to be as Sipou. Furthermore, in my Tapa Cloth, I designed a mantaray. I did not trace any of this art, because I could already see what I was going to design. "Have you ever seen that movie Moana. Well, this is where I saw the mantaray. As the nana dances in the water, she twirls and you see her tattoo. This is where I got inspired to do her ray.". Room 8 was an absolute amazing class. Seeing them and room 10 get along with each other. Laughing their lungs away, till it crashed out and mainly because there class is just the best.

Here is a photo of my "Tapa cloth", known to be Sipou. This is the best I could do! Getting some help from on of the year 8 cousins. Kenneth Henry!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Constance. Kei Te Pehea Koe? Ko Ella Toku Inoga. Tekau Ma tahi tau toku pakeke. No Mawhera Ahau. Ko Ngi Tahu toku iwi. Ko Te Kura MatWhatua o Mawhera toku ake kura.

    Well done your mahi toi is outstanding. What made you want to do this?
    Na Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Ella,
      He mihi nui ki a koutou katoa. Ko Constance toku ingoa. He uri ahau no Ngati Whatua me Nga Puhi. Ko Tamaki Primary toku Kura. I really love your comment. Although, the answer to your question would be passion. I have a big passion in art and I can do anything. My favourite part of being with room 8 and 2 in art was getting to know them well!
      Thankyou for that wonderful comment!
      Constance....

      Delete