Pages

26/06/2017

Kaumatua Kapa Haka _ Final Day

Kia Ora, Malo, Talofa and many more greetings to you! Today, I will be reflecting on yesterdays Kaumatua Kapa Haka_Final day: 

Yesterday, was the Kaumatua Kapa Haka final. This mean't that the last performance of seeing Te Puru O tamaki on stage was 6/25/2017. Besides this, I really loved their performance because, it lifted my emotions up. It nearly made me cry. This was because, seeing all the elders perform was like a star blinging my world. I am really proud of them: Mainly, my grandfather - Piriniha Reweti Davis. 

They were also funny. Showing off their skills of making everyone smile and laugh. 


What was your favourite time of the day?

My favourite time of the day would be handing the putiputi_roses) over to my great-nan and also getting to spend more time with my Nan- Katarina Ardelle Davis. Katarina is Piriniha's wife. Although, I also enjoyed getting to see the Gollipoli of War museum. 
This museum is free and shows what happened during WW1. Yes! And I can't forget. I also enjoyed the cable cars, seeing the different types of carvings in a store and also getting to pieces of real greenstone. 

I really loved watching Te Puru O Tamaki perform on stage. 

Arohamai, Arohanui! 


Here is the link to the live stream:

You also may see me giving the flowers to my great-nan and also performing back to the Te Puru O Tamaki . 

This event is played every year. It is free.

Where: Wellington, Te Papa Museum
What: Kaumatua Kapa Haka
When: Saturday 24th June, Sunday 25th July - On to Monday
Cost: Free

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you have enjoyed your time in Wellington. Wonderful to see how important the performing arts are. Looks like a great opportunity to honour & enjoy your elders.

    ReplyDelete