Pages

24/06/2017

Kaumatua Kapa Haka

Kia Ora, Malo, Talofa and many more greetings! Kei te pehea koe?_How are you?) Today, I will be reflecting on what I have done today in Wellington....

During the day, I have been sitting in a theater with crowds watching the Kaumatua Kapa Haka... I am sure you would know what Kaumatua and Kapa Haka is, because I talked through it in my other blog post: (Titled: My trip to Wellington.)

Although, today was an amazing trip. We traveled down to Te Papa stadium to watch our tribe perform on stage. The name of the iwi(Tribe) is Te puru O Tamaki, Ngati Whatua). We are from Orakei Marae.

Besides this, if I was to rate the Kapa Haka group from 1-10: I would give them a 1000/1000 this is because they made everyone's emotions jump up into the air. All the mokopuna_Grandchildren) stood up and sang a song back to our Kaumatua Kapa Haka group. They were just lovely.

Furthermore, the main emotion they gave the audience was "Laughter". I do not know why this was the main feeling the crowd had, but it sure did work.

These elder people are my family members and I am really proud of them for stepping up in confidence to perform what they had in presentation. They worked very hard to earn this trip and performance.

Continuing on, I had to groups in mind that were my favourite.
* Te Puru O Tamaki
* The Choir Pink shirt tribe _ I am not trying to make any fuss into calling them this name, but it is because I did not know their tribe ingoa.

I have called them the choir pink shirt tribe because they were wearing pink shirts and were also singing like a choir. They were just "A.M.A.Z.I.N.G".

If you would like to see the show on live stream for yourself... Hit this link and also comment for your favourite group performance:

Tepapa.govt.nz : The whanau or iwi I represented was Te Puru O Tamaki, Ngati Whatua.

If you understand Maori... They gave a message saying "We fought had for our land. Lost mant people and homes. And we are here to represent in that. " Kia Kaha, Kia Maia, Kia Manawanui.

And you may see me performing to my whanau: Giving a thank you and Im proud of you waiata:
I did muck up on the actions to because I didn't really know it....

Since the mokopunas did a koha to our whanau, we got given a prize to go out to:
* Lazer strike
* Bowling
* Go Carting

10am – Whanganui-a-Tara Pākeke                         
10.30am ­– Waikato Taniwharau o Tainui               
11am – Auckland Māori Anglican Club          
11.30am – Te Awa Tūpua o Whanganui         
12pm – Ngātiwai Taitokerau                                               
12.30 – Ngāti Kahungunu   
1pm–2pm – Break                                                                       
2pm – Ngāti Whātua Orakei - Te Pūru o Tamaki Kaumātua                   
2.30pm – Ngāi Tahu-Waitaha                                         
3pm – Taranaki ki te Tonga                               
3.30pm – Hokowhitu-a-Tū me Maumahara
4pm – Finish 
Sad enough that their were only 2 boys and the rest girls.
Praising out to you boys !

May Thank!
I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kino kē rātou!! He taonga ngā kaumātua katoa... Pai tō tuhinga ki tō wheako miharo, Constance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Miss Kyla.

    ReplyDelete