Pages

20/06/2018

Tai Chi Reflection

IALT: Reflect critically about how our Tai Chi lesson went.
Kia Ora! And greetings to you all !

Today's blog post will be all about my tai chi lesson with mr.Gordon.
At Tai chi, we went over our tai chi moves, and were also told great stories.
Image result for tai chi

The power word for this week was 'Courage' - To me, courage means willing to do something, or having the will to do it.

For this power word, Mr.Gordon has been telling us stories and examples of what courage means. My favourite story, was when he was a young boy, he had the courage to knock on a old women's door and ask for a apple. It may sound like, he shouldn't have had the courage, but here's the story, and you'll find why.

Image result for courage

_
Story Time:
When Mr.Gordon was about 7 years old, he school would always jump over the ladies fence to grab some fruit. Because she had a big yard with thousands of fruit trees- Lemons,feijoas, grapes,cabbage and many more. Although, Mr.Gordon and his friend was walking home, as his friend was telling him, "Lets jump over the fence and get an apple". But Mr.Gordon said "Nah, we'll ask", so the friend thought Mr.Gordon would sack it, but he didn't. Because Mr.Gordon had the courage to go and knock on her door. Usually, the old lady would run out with a rack chasing the kids. But because Mr.Gordon  was the first to knock on the door and ask, her impression was a cheeky grin, she was really impressed, and told him : "You are the first to knock on my door, to ask for a fruit". After this moment, Mr.Gordon, every day after school, would ask this old lady for fruits and vegetables to take home and to take to school.


Image result for stories
_

One thing I learned today in Tai Chi today, was people and their choices, and also being brave and trusting your instincts. If you think something is a little suspicious, get away immediately.

A compliment for myself today, was that I was good at listening and I was also good at relating to the stories that Mr.Gordon told us. I would say that I am a great listener.
Image result for listening
_


Advice that I would give to you is that:
If you are walking home alone and a car has pulled up in front of you, cross the road. If you continue this pattern, it would be harder for the people to get you.
And also, to trust your instincts and choices, if you feel like something is wrong or suspicious.
Image result for Wow gif

Thank you for viewing my blog and I hope'd you enjoyed reading!
Please leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment