Pages

16/06/2018

Kapa Haka Regionals - Part 2

IALT: Reflect on the Kapa Haka Regionals
Kia Ora!

Today, I once again went to the Kapa Haka Regionals in Auckland City.
Keep Reading to find out more about what I enjoyed during my day in the city!

Image result for kapa haka regionals 2018

My favourite performances at the regionals were :
- Nga Tumanako
- Te Waka Huia
- Te Manu Huia
- Te Toka Tu Manawa
Image result for woop woop gif











These would be my favourite performances because their PUKANA's were AMAZING! And they were all in time with actions and singing. The thing that I mostly enjoyed was, the harmonizing and SOLO's they all had.

Something that I didn't enjoy about the regionals was, that the groups that I went to watch, were hours away, and I had to sit in the theatre for 2 hours, just to wait for the groups to come on.

Although, throughout the whole day, I really enjoyed it because of the performances and the FOOD that we got.

Click these LINKS below, to watch my favourite performances at regionals.

NGA TUMANAKO
TE WAKA HUIA
TE MANU HUIA
Te Toka Tu Manawa
Image result for kapa haka













The performance that I really enjoyed was from Te Waka Huia. Their Whakaeke.
I enjoyed their whakaeke because the song represented who they are. It was talking about them.
If you listen to the song really closely, it will sound like the song - THIS IS ME from the greatest showman.

Quick Fact:
Most of the people in each one of these groups, are people who I am related to.
You may also spot the MATUA twins in Nga Mauri taniwha ki uta.

Because today is the last day of the performances, and the results will be said. Here is my predictions to who will be come 1st to 4th.
Image result for results
1st : Te Waka Huia
2nd : Nga Tunamako
3rd : Te Toka Tu Manawa
4th : Te Manu Huia

I will be updating the results tomorrow.

Thankyou for reading my blogpost !
Kia Ora! Malo Aupito!

No comments:

Post a Comment