Pages

28/08/2018

Mathematics - 2018

IALT: Relfect on what I've done for maths
Kia Ora and Welcome back to my blog! Yesterday for maths, we had free maths time. This is when we get into groups and play a maths game. For Example: Me and my group choose the playing cards as figuring out what number we have on our forehead.

This is how the game goes:
There are 2 people versing.
And the other calling out what those numbers equal using multiplication thinking.
E.G- One person has 3 and the other person has 9. The person without the cards with equal them together -( 3 x 9 )= 27. So they will say 27. Do not say the numbers out loud like "3 x 9 = 27". NO, you just say what it equals and they need to try guess what number they have. The person with the 3 and if he/she says 3 then they get the cards from their head and their mates head.
Image result for maths
This was the best of how I could explain the game, but if you do get it, then have fun playing it !
I would rate this game 10 out of 10 because its really educational and can also test your multiplication speed.
Image result for maths













I really enjoyed this game, because it challenged me and I like to face challenges. I also liked being the person without the cards on my forehead, because it gave me some time to figure out what both numbers equal, and it also let me think. What I found challenging was when I had to speed think about the card number I have on my head.

I ejoyed maths today! And I hope we can do this some other day!
Thankyou for reading my blog and I hope you enjoyed reading!
PLEASE try out this game, it is available to all ages and have fun!

Image result for thankyou gif

1 comment:

  1. Great to see that you are finding ways to make learning both fun and challenging?
    You said that you like to face challenges. Having that attitude towards your learning shows a wonderful growth mindset. Why do you like challenges?
    How do you think you could improve on this game? OR how could change the game so that the Junior classes could play as well?

    ReplyDelete