Pages

20/08/2018

KickBoxing




IALT: Reflect on what i've learned in kickboxing
Kia Ora and welcome back to my blog!

Today, for kickboxing we were learning about DEFENCE - Defence stances. Guard, footwork, Slip and roll. I really enjoyed this session! Something I enjoyed about it was learning the different kinds of stances, as I am new to boxing! It was great getting to experience something new, and also learning how to defend myself when it comes to bad situations. The challenging part from this session was, trying to hit the noodle in front of me. Because, I have small hands, the noodle helps me to know my stances and defence moves. Next time, I could improve on aiming for the noodle, instead of throwing my hands out. So, my goal for next time is to Aim and also to always have my guard. (Rock stance). Something I've learned from boxing was, how to keep myself balanced and giving my lower body a foundation to hold, so that I don't fall or lose balance. I also learned the defence stances. Guard, footwork, slip and roll. From these stances, my favourite was the footwork, because when the noodle would come down aiming for my head, its like a whole bunch of maths is running through my head. Its like my brains telling the that if I move 50 degrees backwards, I would ditch the noodle. This is something I enjoyed learning!


















In boxing, we also have 3 commandments:
Respect, Discipline and Safety.
Respect: I will have respect for myself, my coach, my peers, and the sport boxing.
Discipline: I will have the discipline to turn up to every boxing session, and give my 100%
Safety: I will not cause harm to others and only practice boxing in a safe environment under the guidance of a coach.
To me, this means having the respect for yourself, others and also the sport boxing. Turning up to every practice with a 100% effort, and also caring for the equipment and people around me.





















Questions:
Have you ever done boxing? Is it hard or easy? What is your highlight about boxing?
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment