Pages

02/08/2018

Geology Natural Disasters

Kia Ora and welcome back to my blog!
IALT: Reflect on what i've learned from science

For science today, we have been learning about what causes natural disasters.
Natural disasters can be caused by the Earth's tectonic plates. For e.g - A 'Transform'. A transform is what can cause an earthquake. It is when two tectonic plates grind across each other.

Something else we've learned was the layers of the Earth.
Crust, Mantle, Outer Core, and Inner core. And they are all made up of at least 5 minerals.
Examples - Iron, Magnesium, Aluminum, Sulfur, Silicon is what makes up the Earth's crust.

Something I found challenging was watching videos and researching to help me with my research.

Also,
In the future I would like to research more about how natural disasters happen and can humans contribute to helping with natural disasters.

This is the end of my reflection and I hope you enjoyed!

Fun Fact:
Did you know that the Earth's inner core is much hotter the the Earth's surface? Wow!

Please leave a comment! And if you have any questions, please ask!
Thankyou!
Image result for natural disastersImage result for geologyImage result for earth layers


No comments:

Post a Comment