Pages

08/07/2017

New Zealand by Land and Sea


After a short ride through Auckland it is time to start exploring the rest of the country. Today you are going to venture around the north island of New Zealand to look at active volcanoes, gorgeous beaches, windswept coastline and lush, green bush. As a group, you will start at Rangitoto, the largest volcano in New Zealand before driving west to Karekare, a stunning beach on the outskirts of Auckland. You will finish the day by driving north to visit Tane Mahuta, the oldest living kauri tree in New Zealand. After exploring through Tane Mahuta, you are going to arrive at a Dargaville Hotel.
- #DesciptionfromWinterLearningJourney
Please read through the following articles and choose your 3 favourite... Make sure to put them in order.

Rangitoto:
I have chosen Rangitoto as my first favourite because it is an Island I see every present day. Today, I am watching it right now. I have also chose this active volcano because, it would be a great journey to explore around it. Sightseeing the different kinds of trees and pest-free animals.
What is Pest-free?
Pest-free is effective against Mice, Rats and aids in the control of cockroaches. As you take a travel around Rangitoto, you may see some mice traps. This is so, human beings don't get hurt while having a little walk around. Mice and Rats are actually strong and smart did you know.

Karekare Beach:
I have chosen Karekare beach as my second favourite because it has a gorgeous look to it and also has a great make up art set. I also love Karekare beach because it has an amazing view and also has different types of fallen cliffs. But, the only specific name I am concerned about is that, Karekare beach is close to Peha Beach. I have seen a lot of people getting injured at Peha beach. This is because the currents and flows are too strong. It is like a Rocket flying a 2,000 weighted pull up in the air. How can this be?

Tanemahuta:
Next, I have chosen Tanemahuta. Tanemahuta was the first ever tree to be planted in Papatu-a-nuku(Mother Earth), this is his mother. He was also the son that had the strength to seperate his close loving parents. This is why we get rain sometimes. During one year, a mature tree will physically grow more than 48pounds of carbon dioxides.

5 Key questions: (Interview with Laura).
What is you favourite outdoor activity?
What beach do you like best?
How many active volcano's are in NZ?
How do you feel about the future outdoor adventures?
What kind of equipment would I need, to go on outdoor adventures?

#Winterlearningjourney

Thankyou!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Constance!

    These are some interesting questions for Laura, I like that you have asked some questions about her and not just about her sailing. I'm sure she'd be keen to answer them and be excited that you want to know more about her!

    I think Rangitoto would be the first on my list too! It looks like a beautiful island to visit, I haven't been but I wan to go! Have you been?

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete