Pages

24/05/2018

Technology Reflection - Last Session in Hard Materials

IALT: Reflect on what I've learned in Technology.

Kia Ora. Malo. Talofa! And greetings.
Today is the last day for Technology. And in the last 12 weeks, I've made two pewter castings.

One was of Simba, for my cousin.
And one was of a girl reading a book, for myself, my grandmother, and my mother.

To me, Simba means growing up to know who you are and want to be. It also represents practice, and friendship.

My other casting, with a girl reading a book represents, Learning, calmness, and self-respect.
Image result for technologyImage result for technology
______________________

The challenging part throughout the week in Technology, was sandpapering our casting.
It took me 6 weeks to sandpaper one casting. It might sound like it isn't really that hard, but it was a struggle using 180 grit to 1200 grit.

The effect of the sandpapering helped to smooth out the casting and to also get rid of any bumps and cracks in the casting.

Although, it was fun working on my project.
Image result for technology
____________________

If there was any next time in making another pewter, I would make a Matau Hook.
For me, this Matau Hook would've represented : My Culture, Old Stories. The patterns would represent : Generations and the future. And the face would represent: Life, and Sacred.
Image result for pewter casting matau bone

Please leave a comment! And I hope'd you enjoyed my reflection!.

__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment