Pages

21/05/2018

Maths - Problem Solving🤷🙋

Kia Ora! Talofa! And many more greetings..

Today, for maths we did problem solving.
The problem we had to solve was: How many band aids are in each kit?

Question:
Kelly bought 832 bandaids to take to Camp Raglan. The bandaids must be equally shared into 8 first aid kits. How many band aids are in each kit?

The strategy my group used was : Dividing.

832.

We took the 800 and divided it into 8 equal groups. Leaving the 32 out.
This gave us 100.

Because 800 divided by 8 = 100.

We divided the 32 by 8 and this equaled 4.

Because 32 divided by 8 = 4

We added both answers of 100 and 4. Altogether it gave us = 104.

This problem solving was easy for me. And I hope to do harder questions next time.
Although, I really enjoyed working with this problem question and also discussing it with my group.

This was the strategy my group and I made. If you do not understand or have any questions..
Please leave a comment below:

Image result for mathsImage result for problem solving

No comments:

Post a Comment