Pages

14/03/2018

Self-Defense : Lesson #4

IALT: Reflect on my Self-defense Lesson. 

Kia Ora! And many more greetings to you all. 
Today, Wednesday 14th March 2018. - It was the last session for the Girls Self-Defense Nation Program. 

Here is a reflection about what I've learned so far with the G.S.D.N.P:

What type of mindset did you have before this started?
Honestly, I actually had a Fixed Mindset. Meaning to this is: I wasn't into this program and I didn't feel the need to learn life skills like this, because I thought that I was already tough enough to deal with situations like this.  

But, after I started to get into the programs, I felt like this was something that is making me feel confident it defeating towards men.. 

With this, I learned that 98% of the people in the world are men who try to touch young girls. 
78% of these men are people you are related to, by blood. 
And lastly, 23% of the people are who you know - seen - met before. 

So this program is basically, teaching young girls to fight towards men who like to do things to young girls. 

It may seem YUCK! or DISGUSTING!, but as you actually look deeper into this reflection, it does help you with your life skills. 

What type of mindset did you have after the lesson was fully finished?
I really had a growth mindset. When the teacher was about to leave and not come back for anymore sessions, I felt sad. This is because, the sessions we had helped me, I got into the program and I wanted to learn even more things. 

______________________________________________

What was your highlight throughout the whole session?
My highlight was the Role Playing. It gave me time to work collaboratively with my pairs and also helped me to get confident in acting in front of a crowd. This built my confidence. 

What made you feel safe during this lesson and what did you learn?
I learned how to trust my instincts and to believe in myself if something would happen. Something that made me feel safe during these lessons, were the people are me.. These people were all girls! If I would get anything wrong, no one would laugh at me, because at the end of the day, we were all helping with demonstrations and answering questions. (?)

____________________________________________

Here is a photo of my team and I.. 

Ofa Lahi Atu! Kia Ora! And Thank you for watching!
Please leave comments and Reactions to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment