Pages

23/10/2018

Te Tuhi Reflection

WALT: Reflect on our experience at Te Tuhi gallery
Hello and welcome back to my blog!

Today, half of the Kia Manawanui syndicate went on a trip to Te Tuhi gallery. This was to learn and create our own abstract art. Our learning focus today, was learning about abstract art and what it looks like. To create is art piece, we used different colours, shapes, patterns and scales to create our abstract painting, which was inspired by technology. We also used stencils to help us create our abstract art.

During our lesson, I learned that abstract art is made up of different colours, shapes, patterns, textures, scales etc. etc. and is not necessarily realistic. This means : What you think the art piece is, is what you think it is. Because there is no right or wrong answer. Here is an example :
 Image result for abstract art
 ME : I see leafs. Like its autumn. Because in autumn, when the leafs fall off the tree, they have a nice yellow,orange,green texture in the leaf.
But, we all see art differently ! What do you think this art piece is? , leave a comment below.

____________________________________

Technology is obviously important to creating an art piece. Without technology we wouldn't be able to create any artwork. For example, a pencil is used to help artist sketch their work out before painting, bolding, etc. etc. The technology in the example I used was a pencil. Which obviously helps to give artist ideas of what to create, by sketching their work out.

To make something abstract :
1. Pencil out any four simple patterns/objects around the paper. Make sure they are all over the place.
2. Draw lines going down portrait and landscape. There should be 4 lines.
3. Go over every line and shape you drew with a vivid.
4. Colour/paint the shapes any 4 colours. Make sure the colours ain't next to the same colour. Example : IF you did one box yellow, the next bow won't be able to be yellow.

Have a try!
___________________________________

Something I really enjoyed about our experience at Te Tuhi, was exploring the different exhibitions around the gallery. 2 exhibits I enjoyed visiting was  the - Siliga David Setoga and Jasmine Togo-Brisby exhibitions.

SILIGA DAVID SETOGA:
I enjoyed visiting Siliga David Setogas art because there was an art piece/ photo that shared a story about a Maori lady who walked from Auckland to Wellington. From what I've been told from my grandfather, this lady 'Dame Whina Cooper' took the courage to walk from Auckland to Wellington as I told you before. Although, there were cameras, cars and people around who asked her if she wanted a car ride, but she said NO. Because how much courage she had, made her walk a far distance.
Image result for dame whina cooperImage result for dame whina cooper

Name : Dame Whina Cooper
Sunrise : 9 December 1895, Te Karaka
Sunset : 26 March 1994
New Zealander - Maori Women
Dame Whina Cooper was a respected Kuia, who worked many years for the rights of her people and to improve the lot of Maori women.

________________________
 JASMINE TOGO-BRISBY:
I enjoyed visiting Jasmines exhibit because share designed a sugar art piece that spelled out 'JESUS'. She used sugar because her family used to work at a sugar cane farm, and also used the name JESUS because back in her days, they always use to talk about JESUS. She is also a christian who comes from both countries New Zealand and Australia.

Image result for Jasmine Togo-Brisby jesus
This is the art piece she had created.
_________________________________

Before visiting the exhibitions in the gallery, we all created our own abstract art.
I will be sharing with you the process of how I created my own abstract art.
_

The technologies I had in my art work were : A game control, Television, Pencil and a computer.
Firstly, I stenciled the technologies listed above, everywhere around the paper.
Next, I drew lines going up portrait and also landscaped.
Then, I started to bold the lines using vivid.
After bolding my lines, I then started to pick 4 light colours that matched each other.
I started to paint in the lines using different colours in each triangle.
I also made sure that two of the same colours weren't in the same triangle.
I then let it dry!
After it was dried, I went back over with a vivid.

YOU ABSTRACT ART IS NOW COMPLETE!
Image result for thumbs up

_________________________________

Sorry,
but this now brings us to the end of my blogpost!
Please, if you've learned anything comment below!
____________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog!
For more information click the link below to explore more about Te Tuhi art gallery!

TE TUHI 




No comments:

Post a Comment