Pages

18/10/2018

Leadership Program - 2018

IALT: Reflect on what I've learned about in our leadership lesson today.
Kia Ora everyone, and welcome back to my blog!

Today, I will be reflecting on what I've learned about in our leadership lesson. Today's leadership lesson was based on 'Balancing Responsibilities'.
Balancing responsibilities is to prioritise your responsibilities. Organising or sorting something out from most important to less but important things to do.

Image result for balancing responsibilities













To balance responsibilities you need to :
* Utilise others
* Prioritise
* Focus on the objective.

An example.
Stand up and take one leg off the ground/floor.
Next, take someone's shoulder and lean on them so that you don't fall.
Now, this is an example of utilising others. Your in a good balance because someone is there helping you to stay standing without falling. Utilising others is like, telling someone to do this or that and also sharing your responsibility so that your not doing something all by yourself.



Image result for standing on one leg and holding on to someone











Now,
you are taking your hand off that person and holding yourself up.
This causes you to prioritise. How? When your by yourself half of your body starts to lean maybe left, and you are prioritising by making yourself balancing as you move your body the opposite side. Prioritising means to organise and to sort or time things out.


Image result for standing on one leg

Are you still standing?
If you are, you will now start focusing on the objective. Before I say, close your eyes you will leave it closed for 5 seconds, listen to the people around you. 3,2,1 Close your eyes! YES! You did it. You may haven't noticed but you were focusing on the objective, as you were focusing on the voices or noises around you.

This game or example had shown you how to balance responsibilities. By what I said, did you know that you showed balanced responsibilities!
WOW!
Image result for wow gif

______________________________________

Something I enjoyed during this lesson, was getting to understand what balancing responsibilities mean.
To balance responsibilities, you need to utilise others, prioritise, and also focus on the objective. This is something new that I've learned today.

During this lesson, I've learned a new word 'Prioritise'. As I explained before, prioritise means to organise and put time into things you need to do.
Example : The first important responsibility I always do after school, is take my siblings home safely. Secondly, as I get home I babysit for a little while, and so on and so on.

Image result for list

I wouldn't say that anything was challenging ! But, I did find one part of the lesson struggling. I don't know how to really explain it, but in our lesson book, we had a responsibility and 3 questions :
Who can help me with this responsibility?
When is this responsibility my highest priority?
and What is the aim at the end of this responsibility?

I found this struggling, because at first I didn't understand what the last 2 questions mean't but as the lesson continued, I started to understand what the whole process of how the responsibility questions meant.

______________________________________

This brings us to the end of my reflection! But I hope you learned something new today and that you also enjoyed it !
THANK YOU!

Image result for smile thumbs up

No comments:

Post a Comment