Pages

18/10/2018

Abstract Art - Te Tuhi

IALT: Reflect on what I've learned today about abstract art
Kia Ora everyone and welcome back to my blog!

Today, in class we were learning about how to make something abstract.
If you don't know what abstract means. Abstract is a type of art that uses several shapes, colours and textures to make a creative type of art. In an abstract art, you would probably see other types of pictures in this art to other people. Abstract art is also about seeing what you see, example :
Image result for abstract art

In this abstract art, I see a heart rate monitor. But, it may seem different to what you think this art looks like.

Our learning focus for today was how to make something abstract. To make something abstract you would need to throw in some different types of shapes, colours and textures. Important message, you would also need to draw in the type of picture you see instead of drawing anything random.

Would you like to learn how to make something abstract?
Well, you would need to remember to look for the basic shapes and objects,
the outlines and curves around the design, and the size of the art. Also, try have a meaning in the art, so that your viewers know why you drew this particular design.

_________

Something I enjoyed about this lesson was designing my own iphone and using my comparison skills to help me look deep into both pictures. One picture will have an original phone, and the other will have basic shapes and colours, without any details being used. Here is an example I have created:

Simple phone with basic shapes. 
Image result for phone
Original phone with details














The goal here for you is to find the basic shapes and colours you see in both pictures.
A basic shape I see the both pictures above is a circle for the home button. What other basic shapes do you see ?

I would say that the challenging part about this lesson was trying to keep up with the learning as I wasn't here yesterday. But it was great learning about abstract art !

_________

My meaning of abstract art :
When I hear the word abstract art, the first thing that comes to my mind is - 'Thinking beyond art, using different and all sorts of shapes, colours, textures and sizes to create a creative and engaging art. Also having meanings in the art for the readers to find out'.

Web meaning of abstract art :
When I search up the meaning of an abstract art, it means - 'Abstract art is an art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead use shapes, colours, forms, and texture to make an effective piece of art.' Yes! This is the meaning I found online. But, if you don't understand, I think that my meaning would help you understand more about abstract art.


Here are some photos of abstract art :
Image result for abstract artImage result for abstract artImage result for abstract art


Click the link below to explore more abstract art :
ABSTACTART

_____

Sadly, it brings us to the end of my blog post!
But I hope you enjoyed my learning, or that you have gained a bit of knowledge from my blog post.
THANK YOU!


Image result for thumbs up smile

No comments:

Post a Comment