Pages

02/05/2017

What I learn't about Poppies!


Kia ora!  Nau mai, hoki mai ki tāku rangitaki (blog)!

Ko Kane Wepiha-reo toku ingoa. He uri ahau no Ngati Whatua me NgaPuhi. Ko ruma tekau toku akomanga. He tauira o te tau whitu ahau. Nau mai, hoki mai ki taku rangitaki(blog)!
No Naia Nei, Ruma tekau kua ka aua atu te ra akoranga about papi. Although, during this lesson with Miss Kyla, I have learned to use a campass. As you know, some people may wonder or ask themselves “What is a compass?”, Well!  There is an answer to that question!  A compasses is an instrument used for navigation and orientation that shows direction relative to the geographic “Cardinal directions or “Points”. But, usally a diagram called a compass rose that shows the direction of North, East, South, West.

What do you know about poppies? Ok, let me be honest, but as I here the question (What do you know about poppies? ) all that appears in my head first is the answer “25th of April”, this is the day ANZAC is celebrated on. People that are reading this are probably thinking to themselves, “Is this all she knows”, well I don’t just know this! I have learn’t more about it and i’m sure you can learn from me too. Here are some fantastic facts I have learned:
Did you know that poppies are Yellow and Orange in colour aswell? Some poppies are coloured as Red, Yellow, Orange and also other colours. Poppies are considered a symbol of both sleep and death.  During WW1, the poppies disappeared because of the trampling and bombing of the battlefields. One of the most popular poppie fields are named Flanders Field.
And many more facts….

If you would like to learn more about poppies, click one of these three links:



E kore rātou e kaumātuatia
Pēnei i a tātou kua mahue nei
E kore hoki rātou e ngoikore
Ahakoa pehea i  ngā āhuatanga o te wā
I te hekenga atu o te rā
Tae noa ki te aranga mai i te ata
Ka maumahara tonu tātou ki a rātou
Ka maumahara tonu tātou ki a rātou

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
We will remember them.

Kia Ora! Thankyou! My shares brings blessing to you all!

Here is a photo of my Compass Poppie!

No comments:

Post a Comment