Pages

23/07/2018

Social Science - Natural Disasters

IALT: Write a reflection about what I've learned at school. 
Hello and welcome back to my blog!

Have you ever heard of Natural disasters? - How they are caused? and What a natural disaster is?.
Well, lets start easy!

If you know or have experienced a tsunami, hurricane, or even a earthquake. These are natural disasters. They are not caused by man but is naturally caused by the earth's movement. Some people also think beyond the box and say natural disasters are caused by G.O.D!
So basically,
a natural disaster are disasters that are caused naturally. Without anyone even knowing.

In class today, I've learned new natural disasters. Such as; landslides and typhoons.
Image result for natural disasters
________
I will be writing my defination first and then will be writing the internet definition below.

..
Landslides:

My def : Landslides are like an avalanche. But instead of snow, it is piles of dirt being forced to the ground.

Web Def: A collapse of a mass of earth or rock from a mountain or a cliff.
Image result for landslides
..
Typhoons:

My def : Typhoons are similar to hurricanes. Well, they are basically the same, but they happen in the pacific ocean.

Web Def : Tropical storm in the region of the Indian or western pacific oceans.
Image result for Typhoons

_________

I honestly enjoyed learning about natural disasters: And I can't wait to learn more about them and how they are caused!

Q: Are there other natural disasters, no one may haven't experienced?
Q: Do people contribute to natural disasters?
Image result for wonder emoji

Fun facts:
Earthquakes - Remember to drop cover and hold. Avoid being near glass. Go to the middle of the room.

Here are some videos of natural disasters:
VOLCANOES
NATURAL DISASTERS
LANDSLIDES
TYPHOONS

THANKYOU! For viewing my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment