Pages

25/07/2018

Maths - Games

IALT: Reflect on what I've done for maths
Kia ora and welcome back to my blog!

Today for maths, we were practising our : Multiplication, fractions, percentages and decimals. 
Something, I feel like I really need to work on is my percentages. Percentages are something I struggle with. 
My group was playing a game called 'Head Multiplication'. 

How the game works:
The pack of cards are split between 2 people. 
They will each pick up one card, and the 2 remaining people will multiply those numbers. 
Then, the 2 people with the cards on their forehead will try and guess what number they are holding. 

Something I found challenging about this game, was how fast we needed to guess our number. 
Because, some people in my group were really fast speakers. Although, I did enjoy the game. 

Next time, I feel like I need to work more on saying the right number than guessing it - (Because I wanted to win). I mean, winning is like my thing. 

To be honest,
I enjoyed interacting with my group, and it gave me a good chance to hang out with them. As, I don't usually hang out with them. It was good getting to connect with other students in my classroom.

I did enjoy the maths games as well,
and I can't wait to do it again!
Image result for maths

Thank you for viewing and reading !
Kia ora!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that you have identified what you need to work on.
    INTERESTING FACT: One of my goals is to get better at solving percentages in my head. #wehavesomethingincommon Maybe we could test each other! 😊
    Next time you could give us an example of some of the questions that you had in your group. You could even create a Maths quiz for your readers to do!
    What is 50% of 12?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms.Komor,
    Thank you the feedback and feedforward you have given me. I am really excited to work with you, so we both can get better at percentages. This will help the both of us understand percentages.

    And yes, next time I will add examples of some questions that I had in my group, with some maths quiz as well.

    You asked:
    What is 50% of 12?. My answer is 6. Because 50% is half of. And half of 12 is 6.

    Thank you for your question Ms. Komor. I am now starting to understand percentages languages.

    Thank you again for leaving a comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete