Pages

16/08/2017

QuickQure Maths

IALT: Use graphs to describe the relationship and devise and use problem solving strategies. 

Today we solved an algebra problem to calculate the day wheather Rose or Mr Morrison would finish their QuickQuery Cough Medicine first. 

I have used times tables and divisions to help me calculate the day Rose and Mr Morrison would overlap with the amount of medicine per day. 

We make links to STATISTICS and chose a line graph to show our thinking. You can see clearly, that Rose and Dad finished their medicine on the same day...

What I found challenging? I didn't get it at first, but when my teacher gave an example, I started to think it quick and had my answer.

The fun part of this session was sharing my knowledge with the people around me and getting to change my ways of maths...

I now understand more of Level 4 algebra mathematics and no more need to use a table to help me!

Here is an example of my work:

Rose: 
90mls = 1BTL
5mls = Every 6hours 

5x18 =  90 -- 18 Divided by 3 = 15 

Mr. Morrison:
300mls = 1BTL
30DZ = 1BTL
300 divided by 10 = 30
3x6 = 18 


90 divided by 05 = 18..
30 divided by 05 = 6

Here is my graph lining to show my knowledge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment