Pages

13/02/2018

Kia Manawanui - Class Treaty

Kia Ora!
Have you ever heard of the Waitangi treaty?
Well, the Waitangi Treaty is all about the Pakeha Nation and the Maori Nation, coming together for an agreement upon Aotearoa- New Zealand. Waitangi was signed in 1840 February 6th. 

Now days, we still celebrate the Waitangi treaty, by: Having festivals, celebrating with family members etc.

As you see, on the New Zealand flag, the cross represents the british nation and the stars represent the Maori nation. This comes together in peace. 

Besides this, at Tamaki Primary School - Kia Manawanui, we have all signed a class treaty that relates to our school values. 

Last week, we were split in 5 groups to collaborate together in getting a treaty done, for everyone to agree towards on. We also chose an acronym to relate to our value and area. My area was online, and my acronym was TRUST: 

This year, I am really hoping for this class treaty to be shown consistently throughout the year! Because, with positive attitudes, it can lead others to the right pathway. 

This is what Kia Manawanui's class treaty looks like:

2 comments:

  1. Hi constance
    I liked the way you put effort into making this blog much greater. What I found out about your blog is that you have been writing about the means of Waitangi. I know that Waitangi is a treaty that was signed by the ancestors in 1840 and also the haka was performed in waitangi years ago. And again great effort and looking forward to your next blog post. Good work and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Timeus,

    I really like the comment you have sent to me. Liking the effort I put into this work and setting it to a standard. These comments that I have been given lately has really uplifted and encouraged me to blog more, but with reading yours, it has even given me more support.

    Thankyou once again for your comment,

    Constance.

    ReplyDelete