Pages

19/11/2018

Athletics Reflection

IALT: Write a reflection based on the T.P.S athletics day.
Hello everyone, and welcome back to my blog!
Friday 16th November 2018, it was athletics day at Tamaki Primary school.
Athletics is like a tradition in our school, where people race, get together and to also see which house is the winners of the year!
_____

We have four houses: Tobruk(Red), Alamein(Yellow), Benghazi(Green), Tripoli(Blue).
Can you guess what house I'm in ? .
(It will be revealed at the end of my reflection)

...
Before our athletics day started,
each group stood up and chanted their way around the field, to get to their house tent.
I was one of the leaders for my group!
Although, My group had the best chanting and the best organised tent, so we got 20 house points.

Sorry, I didn't explain ; Each house gets a house points, for example : Because their house chants were loud, they got 20 points. When you get points, at the end of the day we total the points up and which ever house has the most house points wins a shield! This year _______ won the shield.
Keep reading to find out who won the shield this year!
Image result for run


...

Besides that, at Tamaki Primary School athletics was placed on the field. Five events and racing lanes. The events we had were - Standing Jump, High Jump, Long Jump, Shot put, and discus. Out of these events, my favourites would be long jump and discus. I enjoyed these activities because I learned that I could jump far and that I have so much power in my arm, that I am able to throw a discus long distance. I also enjoyed these activities because I came first in the 12 y/o girls and also because I was interacting with all the peers around me.
...

After the field activities we then had morning tea (A break). My morning tea was boring, but if you would like to know what I did during my break, I am more than happy to explain.

I hung out with some friends, then teachers, and finally got bored. So I thought to take a walk around the school but suddenly decided not to, because the day was too hot,  I wasn't bothered to walk anymore. I went to the Benghazi house tent to rest with my friends. While under the tent, we ate and laughed while watching people waste their energy running, before the real races ! Other than that, I did enjoy my break.
...

After morning tea, the races had finally come. I was a helper for a teacher- My job was to gather all the people of a certain age from each group, to race. My legs got sore, I was tired and before I knew it, my race was next. I was to exhausted from the running I had made, that I still did my race. My house group needed to win, so I did everything I could to do something for my group! I ran, and eventually, I  CAME FIRST! YAAY! After coming first, I felt so confident I wanted to win again! And I won again, I came 1st ! . Sadly, in the middle of the day I left, because their was an interview I had to attend to!
I had my little mad moment but got over myself, because at least I ran and came first in my two races.
...
Image result for school races

Lets not forget to mention, the values I showed throughout the day was - Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, and Ako..
I was showing Manaakitanga by encouraging people to do their best during our field events.
I showed Whanaungatanga but interacting with the peers in my group for the field events and also but communicating with my house team.
Lastly, I showed Ako by learning how to do certain field events. For example : I learned that to make a discus travel a far distance, your whole body needs to move and your arm needs power to throw the discus far.

...

Overall, I enjoyed athletics and I can't wait to do more of these in the future!
Honestly, I am a bit nervous for athletics when I go to college, as I am use to racing in intermediate! ..

Besides this,
I did make a promise (Not really), but I said that I would tell you who won this year and what house I am in !

Are you ready ?

5

4

3

2

1

.

I AM IN TOBRUK (RED HOUSE).
Here is a video of us chanting!!

CLICK THIS LINK
















And the winners of this year is !!!

BENGHAZI (Green House)..
Congratulations Benghazi !


.... CLICK THIS LINK FOR BENGHAZI'S CHANT !!
And yes Benghazi did copy our chant tune, but that's all good, because
BENBRUK ALL THE WAY !!!!

Thank you for reading my blog post and I hope you enjoyed my reflection!

No comments:

Post a Comment