Pages

29/11/2017

What does Mauri Mean to me (?)

Kia Ora.

Today, Half of the Kia Manawanui (Because some went to Rainbows End).. Students, have been working on an artwork called "Mauri"..

What does Mauri Mean
(Maori Meaning to ) -Life Force. or Essence.

Where does Mauri come from?
Mauri is in yourself. Every child now and then are naturally born with Mauri. Weather, you have disability or your just a person. As you age, you slightly decide when your ready at activating in.

Why is Mauri important?
It doesnt only keep the legends from the great past known, and our culture alive. But, Mauri guides you to find yourself more and more throughout your journey. It helps you to know who you are(?) and find the kind of person you really are(?).Mauri comes with Mana. And mana comes with respect..To respect Mauri, you need to learn lots about who you are and about your culture. 

What does mauri mean in your context?:
In my opinion: Mauri means finding out, who you are and being yourself. 

Here is the art I have drawn for my Mauri Artwork:

The Tamaki logo represents the school I go to.. 
The Aroha represents my family and friends ... Uniting;
The Sun and Hook represents the day Maui slowed down the sun, for days to go by slow.. What my culture believes in.. 
The New Zealand flag represents the land I live on.. Where I stand: Where I stay.. Where I belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment